Last updated: April 2021
Greener Act, as the entity Responsible for the processing of personal data, is committed to protecting the privacy of Greener Act Clients and is limited to collecting personal data that is provided voluntarily.
Contact details of the Data Controller:
Greener Act, Lda.
Travessa do Serrado, n.º 6
1. Data we collect
We may collect your personal data directly from you, through third parties, as well as automatically, through your use of the Greener Act Portal.
In the continuation of its business and service provision activities, Greener Act will need to process Personal Data. Without your Personal Data, we will not be able to provide you with the requested services, or provide the features inherent to the proper functioning of the Greener Act Portal which include, but are not limited to, the activities set out in Point 4 of the Terms and Conditions.
As a rule, the Personal Data you provide, directly or indirectly, to Greener Act when you use our services or visit the Greener Act platforms (website and / or mobile application) is:
● Identification data at the time of registration: Full name, email, date of birth, gender, country of residence, address, postal code, mobile phone number and tax identification number;
● Profile or account data: password, name and photo (if you associate one with the profile) that is considered personal data under the GDPR;
● Payment information, such as your paypal account number, invoices and other information needed to make or receive payments;
● Transaction information, such as your purchases, donations, customer account information, order and contract information, delivery data, financial and billing data, and transaction history;
● Customer generated content, such as your publications on the Greener Act Portal;
● Information on the use of the website and service, such as the hostname and IP address of your device, your browser type and version, your operating system, the pages you visit, the time and duration of your visit and the website that referred you to ours;
When applicable, we will indicate whether, and for what reason, you should provide us with your personal data, as well as the consequences of not doing so. For example, if certain personal data is necessary to provide services that you have requested, or if we are legally required to collect them and if you refuse to provide us with personal data, we will not be able to provide you with the services that you have requested.
2. Legal purposes and grounds
The data collected through the website www.greeneract.com and / or the Greener Act mobile application is intended for:
● the processing of reports and communication between Greener Act and Clients;
● the management of purchase and sale contracts and / or the provision of services, as well as the billing, processing of information requests and any complaints;
● statistical analysis;
● ensuring the functionalities inherent to the good functioning of the Greener Act Portal, including, but not limited to, the promotion of Customer Profile data, be it personal data, with the purpose of making the other customers aware of their activities on the Greener Act Portal;
● and the respective use for direct marketing purposes.
By registering with Greener Act, the Client expressly consents to Greener Act sending information about products and services that may be of interest to the Client, using personal data for the purposes of direct marketing through any communication channel, namely by using email, SMS, MMS or other forms of automatic calling.
As a general rule, Greener Act treats your Personal Data based on one of the following grounds of lawfulness:
• Treatment is necessary for the execution of the Terms and Conditions between the Client and Greener Act;
• Treatment is necessary to comply with the legal obligations of Greener Act;
• Treatment is necessary for the legitimate interests of Greener Act, unless the fundamental interests, rights and freedoms of the Client prevail over those. This information that can be made available upon request; or
• Whenever appropriate and necessary, Greener Act will ask for your consent.
In compliance with the applicable legislation, we inform Clients that the processing of personal data collected by Greener Act is the responsibility of Greener Act and the latter, while responsible for the treatment, ensures the confidentiality of all data provided by its Clients.
Although Greener Act securely collects and processes data using the most recommended techniques for this purpose, the Client recognizes that the collection in an open network allows the circulation of personal data with lesser security conditions, running the risk of being viewed and used by unauthorized third parties.
3. Your Rights and Preferences
Based on the law applicable to the processing of Personal Data, the Clients may exercise their rights related to their Personal Data. Please note that, in some cases, Greener Act will not be complying - in full - with the Clients’ requests, as such rights may be dependent on the verification of certain conditions, or because Greener Act will have to balance the Clients’ rights with the rights and obligations of Greener Act to handle Clients’ Personal Data, as explained below:
Right of access
The Clients have the right to obtain a copy of their Personal Data held by Greener Act, as well as to be informed of details about how we use their Personal Data.
Right of rectification
Greener Act takes reasonable steps to ensure that the information we have in our possession is accurate and complete. However, if you believe that this is not the case, you have the right to request that any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Data be rectified. The personal data collected may also be directly corrected by the Clients on the website www.greeneract.com upon entry with their personal permissions.
Right of erasure
The Clients have the right to request the deletion of their Personal Data, for example, when the Personal Data collected is no longer necessary to fulfill the original purposes, when the Personal Data has become obsolete, or when the Clients exercise their right to withdraw consent. However, the exercise of this right will have to be weighed with other factors. For example, Greener Act may not be able to comply with the Client’s order due to certain legal or regulatory obligations.
Right to limitation of treatment
The Clients have the right to ask (temporarily) that the Greener Act stop using their Personal Data, for example, when they consider that the Personal Data held by Greener Act is inaccurate, or when they believe that Greener Act no longer needs to use their Personal Data.
Right to data portability
The Clients may exercise the right to request that Greener Act transfer the Personal Data they have provided to a third party of the Clients’ choice. This right can only be exercised if the Clients have provided Greener Act with their Personal Data and if the processing of the data is carried out through automated means, based on the Clients’ consent or based on the need for treatment to fulfill the contractual obligations of Greener Act for the execution of a contract to which the Clients are a party.
Right of opposition
The Clients have the right to object to treatment based on the legitimate interests of Greener Act. In the event that Personal Data is processed for marketing purposes, the Clients have the right to object at any time. When the Clients request that Greener Act stop using their Personal Data for marketing purposes, Greener Act will immediately cease using their Personal Data. If the Personal Data of the Clients is processed for other purposes based on the legitimate interests of Greener Act, the latter will not treat the Personal Data on this basis, or if the Clients oppose the treatment for reasons related to their particular situation, unless Greener Act has a legitimate reason for such treatment. Please note, however, that Greener Act may not be able to provide certain services or benefits if it is not permitted to process the Personal Data necessary for that purpose.
Rights related to automated decisions
The Clients have the right not to be subject to (a) automated decisions, including the definition of profiles, which has an effect on their legal sphere or which significantly affects them in a similar way. If the Clients have been subjected to an automated decision and do not agree with the outcome of it, they can contact Greener Act using the information below and request a review of the decision.
Right to withdraw consent
The Greener Act may request Clients’ consent to handle Personal Data in specific cases. If this occurs, the Clients have the right to withdraw their consent at any time. The Greener Act will cease treatment as soon as possible after consent being withdrawn. However, this does not affect the lawfulness of the treatment carried out prior to the withdrawal of consent.
5. How to contact Greener Act
You can contact Greener Act using the contact information below if you wish to exercise any of your rights provided for in point 3.
Mail: Travessa do Serrado, n.º 6, 9060-299 Funchal
After the collection of individualized personal information transmitted voluntarily by Clients, Greener Act will proceed to its conservation and maintenance for the period necessary for the purpose of its treatment, until instructions to the contrary, or until the law requires its elimination.
Greener Act will not communicate and / or transfer its Clients’ database to third parties.
Greener Act ensures that appropriate technical measures have been adopted and organized to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration and / or dissemination.
You also have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority on the protection of personal data (National Data Protection Commission “CNPD”). You can get more information about this right at https://www.cnpd.pt/.